Our library also offers study space, free PC access, free WiFi and a photocopier. With your library card you can also borrow from the Lewisham eLibrary which includes eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and newspapers.
Library books and fees
- Everyone can borrow up to 12 books/talking books for up to three weeks – with the option to renew for a further three weeks from any of the libraries in the borough
- You can borrow and reserve items from all 15 boroughs in the London Libraries consortium
- A reservation costs 50p
- Overdue books cost 20p per day for adults and young adults (ages 14-59) and 10p per day for seniors (ages 60+)
- Charges are payable at: Lewisham, Downham and Deptord Libraries only
How to join
If you don’t already have a Lewisham library card then pick up a form in the library or click the button for a printable copy. Bring your completed form to us with a proof of ID and of your address (ie. official document, recent bill, plus driver’s license, or passport) and we will make your card while you wait.
You will then be given a library card, and will be able to borrow items straight away.
If you are 13 or under
If you are 13 or under:
- You need a parent, legal guardian or teacher to act as your guarantor.
- Parent/carers can join their babies and children at any age.
- You need to give us your date of birth. This is because some of our DVDs and videos have age restrictions, and because some of our fees vary according to your age.
Click here to go to the online portal for Lewisham Libraries – there you can log in using your library card number and Pin (hint: your pin is normally your year of birth). You can view your account, search the catalogue, renew and reserve books, as well as accessing other library services.
Use this link to borrow from Lewisham’s incredible e-library. Browse their extensive catalogue of over 6000 e-books and audiobooks, read extracts and reviews, reserve or borrow whatever you like and either download them to use on your e-reader/mp3 player or read/listen online. Sign in as before.
Printing/Photocopying/Scanning & Laminating
- 10p – Black+White A4
- 50p – Colour A4
- 15p – Black+White A3
- £1 – Colour A3
- 75p – LaminatingA4
We have a beautiful boutique second-hand bookshop, stocked with books supplied by the community, located in our Foyer. Our prices start from:
- From 50p – Paperbacks/ CDs/ DVDs
- From £1 – Hardbacks
- Corbett Community Library is a cash only library. We do not currently have a card machine. We cannot take payment for fines for library fees. All fines must be paid for at Lewisham/Catford or Downham Library.
Lost membership cards
- If you lose your membership card, please go to the Librarian Desk to have it replaced. Replacement cards are £1.
- When returning items please return them properly at the main desk or via the self-service machines as all items are your responsibility until they are deleted from your membership.
- Lewisham send overdue reminders when items are late by email, but it is advisable to keep a close eye on the due dates of return for all items borrowed to avoid fines being incurred. They can be renewed online (so long as you have a 4-digit PIN given to you by the library staff), via the self-service machines or by phone.
- Please have your library membership card with you when renewing in person or by telephone.
- You can also renew books online – https://lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/libraries/using-the-library/renewing-library-items
- All lending books in stock may be reserved via the Lewisham Library catalogue online or ask at the Librarian Desk. Lewisham charge 50p for reserving items.