We are a mainly volunteer run Community Centre, Library and registered charity, serving the community in Catford, South East London since 2016.
We cooperate with Lewisham Council to provide a full library service whilst also providing the following:
- Free public access internet and computers
- Pay-to-use print facilities
- Help with various online forms including benefits, council tax/ blue badge and bus passes
- Book Shop
- Various children’s singing and story-time groups
- ESOL (English as a second language) class
- Dementia friendly drop-in group
- Reminiscence groups
- Gently seated Yoga/ Hatha Yoga
- Knitting clubs
- Book club groups
- Weekly Health Visitor
- Homework club
- Monthly Folk Club
- Slimming World
We also organise arts and music events, quiz nights, craft fairs, evening talks, concerts and art displays that attract large groups of local people, including many families with small children.
We took over the running of the library in October 2016 and have been overwhelmed by the support and interest we have received from our spectacular local community.
How we work
We are grateful to Lewisham council for continuing to supply and maintain the books, self-service machines, and software needed for our lending Library – as well as transporting stock between libraries so we can continue to share with any library in the London Libraries Consortium.
All our other running costs are our own. We are funded wholly by donations and the revenue from room hire, second-hand sales and printer services.