We re-opened our doors on Monday 6th July and are enjoying welcoming our customers back into the building.
Our current opening times are: Monday & Thursday 11-1pm & 2.30-4.30pm; Fridays and Saturdays 10 – 1pm
We have carefully assessed, in line with government’s guidelines to make sure that social distancing can be maintained. The measures include arrangements for returned books to be stored separately for 72 hours, a new cleaning regime and physical measures such as screens and signs.
We can have 6 customers at a time within the building and ask customers to wear face coverings whilst inside the library, sanitise hands on arrival, follow the one-way system and place any books that you touch but decide not to buy or take out into the crates provided.
We have the following services on offer:
- Returning books within the foyer in crates provided
- Click & collect. Using Lewisham’s online service, you can email books you require and collect them when we are open.
- Lucky Dip (pre-prepared collections of 4 books for both children and adults in a genre or category of the customer’s choice e.g. Crime, adult fiction, picture books)
- Face to face reservations for books within our library
- Quick browsing and buying within our bookshop
- Quick browsing of library books
- Access to public computers and printing (limited to 45 min slots – appointments are to be booked daily on a first come first served basis, in person, by email or phone. Secondary school aged children (12+) and adults only at this stage (who can be accompanied by children).
- Printing from our PCs
- Online Support Services Mondays & Thursdays by appointment only
- ESOL sessions (by appointment only)
- Doorstep Chat. If you or anyone you know is shielding and would like one of our volunteers to visit you for a 30 min doorstep chat do let us know.
You can call or email to book an appointment. If you would like any further information about the services we offer or would like to book a PC, Online Support Services or Doorstep Chat appointment please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8378 5358