Published Tuesday 7th July 2020
Preparations have been underway to re-open our library and community centre, with social distancing measures installed prior to the re-opening.
On Monday 6 July we will initially operate limited services on a limited hours basis. We have carefully assessed, in line with government’s guidelines to make sure that social distancing can be maintained. The measures include arrangements for returned books to be stored separately for 72 hours, a new cleaning regime and physical measures such as screens and signs.
Phase 1: Monday 6th July 2020
As part of phase 1 the following services will be on offer:
- Returning books within the foyer in crates provided
- Click & collect. Using Lewisham’s online service, you can email books you require and collect them when we are open https://lewisham.gov.uk/libraries
- Lucky Dip (pre-prepared collections of 4 books for both children and adults in a genre or category of the customer’s choice e.g. Crime, adult fiction, picture books)
- Face to face reservations for books within our library
- Quick browsing and buying within our bookshop
- Online Support Services Mondays & Thursdays by appointment only
- ESOL sessions (by appointment only)
Our opening times will be: Monday & Thursday 11-12am & 2.30-4.30pm all
Phase 2: coming late July/ early Aug
The following additional services will be on offer:
- Access to public computers and printing (limited to 30 min – 1hr slots – appointments are to be booked daily on a first come first served basis, secondary school aged children (11+) and adults only at this stage (who can be accompanied by children)
- Printing from our PCs
Once it is shown that the library is operating successfully, it is envisaged that our range of services will increase gradually. As government advice changes the service will be reviewed and extended when it is safe to do so.